Planning your farming future - together
Future Focus brings sheep and beef farming partners together to achieve their business goals and aspirations – using a team approach to business planning.
The seven Future Focus programmes for 2018 have been completed or are now underway. Thanks to strong demand, we are now planning more programmes for 2019 so please register your interest below. We will be in contact with you in early 2019 with dates and locations and the chance to register early.
Held on two days over two months, Future Focus is open to all sheep and beef farming partners – couples, owner/manager, father/daughter or similar. Completing Understanding Your Farming Business (UYFB) is not a prerequisite.
Feedback from the Future Focus Pilot
- Richard Morrison
To help us identify our values we independently drew a picture of what we want to achieve in farming. Remarkably but not surprisingly, my fiance’s and my pictures looked very similar. Our set of values were also very similar. Family, Honesty, Inclusive, Innovative. Read more...
Our expert facilitators provide personalised learning in a trusted, supportive environment.
- Develop a business vision and goals - step by step
- Create an action plan with specific outcomes
- Systems for staying on track with your plan
- Homework on your plan and report back on action
- Barriers to success and strategies for overcoming them
- Engaging and leading your wider team toward success
- Two full days over two months: 8.30am - 5pm both days
- Homework to develop your business plan between modules
- Funded by the Red Meat Profit Partnership so there is no cost to participants
- Each programme is limited to 16 participants
- All details are confirmed with participants before the programme starts