Planning your farming future - together
Future Focus brings sheep and beef farming partners together to achieve their business goals and aspirations – using a team approach to business planning.
Building on our Understanding Your Farming Business (UYFB) programme, Future Focus equips and supports you to decide what’s most important in your future, then use that to plan for your business. It recognises that partners working together is vital to success.
This two-day programme is a chance to take time out to work purely on your business instead of in your business. Reduce stress and share the load by planning and making decisions together.
Guided by our expert facilitators, you'll open up new conversations with each other and learn from other farmers in a similar position.
Feedback from the Future Focus Pilot
- Richard Morrison
To help us identify our values we independently drew a picture of what we want to achieve in farming. Remarkably but not surprisingly, my fiance’s and my pictures looked very similar. Our set of values were also very similar. Family, Honesty, Inclusive, Innovative. Read more...
Our expert facilitators provide personalised learning in a trusted, supportive environment.
- Develop a business vision and goals - step by step
- Create an action plan with specific outcomes
- Systems for staying on track with your plan
- Homework on your plan and report back on action
- Barriers to success and strategies for overcoming them
- Engaging and leading your wider team toward success
- Two full days over two months: 8.30am - 5pm both days
- Homework to develop your business plan between modules
- Funded by the Red Meat Profit Partnership so there is no cost to participants
- Each programme is limited to 16 participants
- All details are confirmed with participants before the programme starts