Protecting Your Team
Leading health and safety change
While it’s important to know what must be done to comply with new health and safety laws, this full-day workshop gets to the heart of how your family and employees can stay safe in their work.
Discover how to change attitudes to health and safety on your farm and create a positive health and safety culture in your business which in turn, will improve the results of formal processes.
The workshop gets to the heart of how to make changes so that farmers make it home each day to their families, reducing the emotional and financial costs of loss of life and serious injury.
Partnering with WorkSafe New Zealand and ACC, AWDT developed and piloted Protecting Your Team in 2016. Each programme is limited to 16 participants.
- Graduate feedback
- More about Protecting Your Team
“Brilliant format and idea. As women, mothers, wives we care about our families and workers. There are plenty of things that can go wrong out there. But getting us to think about the process of making the right choices and decisions we need to instill into our farmers and workers was a step forward for me.” Read More...
More about Protecting Your Team
Read about how Protecting Your Team’s approach to health and safety training involves both the heart and the mind. Read more…
2017 Dates & Regions
Dates and regions for 2017 Protecting Your Team programmes
Programme delivery times: 8:45am - 5:00pm
Register for 2017 now
If you would like to register, please click the 'Apply for Protecting Your Team' button below.Register for Protecting Your Team Register interest for
You will leave the programme with:
- confidence and knowledge to lead a positive health and safety culture
- ability to recognise attitudes and behaviour that lead to unsafe practices
- an understanding of why people resist change
- real examples of how farms have created strong safety cultures
- tools to adopt new practices and get others to do so too
- knowledge of where to go for more information and help.