Know your Mindset. Lead what Matters
Training for rural leaders navigating change
Leading change and making impact in our rural communities is rewarding - but can be tough and
That’s why we’re delivering Know your Mindset. Lead what Matters’ - a short, online programme supporting food & fibre leaders to manage the multiple pressures of leadership in a time of change.
Designed for men and women leading others across farms, orchards, agribusinesses and rural professional services - you’ll connect with others to face common leadership wellbeing issues together.
You’ll learn how stress affects your ability to plan and act effectively, gain practical tools to notice stress in others and learn how to lead people through uncertain times.
Running online across two evenings, ‘Know your Mindset. Lead what Matters’ is presented by a registered Clinical Psychologist and Chartered Organisational Psychologist, alongside AWDT facilitators who lead breakout spaces where participants connect to share stories and support each other.
This is an opportunity to look up from the to-do list, invest in your own wellbeing and create a firm base from which to support others. Come and join us.
- Understand the impact that uncertainty, disruption & change might have on your thinking and behaviour. Create a firm personal base from which to lead.
- Develop a shared understanding of how to talk with and support others.
- Be aware of traps for leaders - and tools to navigate in working withj people, stress and emotions.
- Identify positive changes you can make in your leadership and build a realistic action plan.
2022 programmes have now either been delivered or a full. Please register your interest below to be notified when 2023 dates are confirmed.
Leading what matters
While everyone will take something different away from ‘Know Your Mindset. Lead what Matters’, previous participants in the series told us that the training helped them to:
- Feel less alone by connecting with others with similar stories about stress or pressure
- Listen better and open up conversations by acknowledging the stress that your people might be feeling
- Reflect on workplace culture and take practical steps to change behaviour in the team
- Share some of the tools with teams to support wellbeing
- Develop more empathy
- Recognise the importance of personal wellbeing and make time for things that ‘fill my cup’
- Be more deliberate with the to-do list – focus on the important things over the small stuff
- Demonstrate personal or family values in a business
Thanks to our partners
Image (from left): Donna Cram (Chair, Taranaki Catchment Communities, & AWDT Escalator Alumni, Paul Crick (National Chair Beef + Lamb New Zealand Farmer Council), Emma Crutchley (Project Executive Tiako Maniototo & AWDT Escalator Alumni), Jack Cocks (Farmer, Rural Leaders Kellogg Alumni)
Two online evening sessions, one week apart.
Grass roots rural leaders – both behind and straddling the farm gate. Rural professionals & supporters of rural leaders.
Single participant $45.00 + GST
Two participants (same screen) $60 + GST
Three participants (same screen) $75 + GST
Four participants (same screen) $90 + GST
If you would like to register a team of more than 4 participants please email names and the programme you want to attend to email@example.com and we can generate an invoice for you.
Session 1 Understand the impact that uncertainty, disruption & change might have on your thinking and behaviour. Create a firm personal base from which to lead.
Session 2 Learn how to support others through uncertainty and build your leadership action plan.