'Next Level' is AWDT's six-month leadership programe that supports the aspirations of women involved in New Zealand's primary sector and rural communities.
Taking a holistic approach, Next Level combines individual learning and support with the power of a group of like-minded women in a trusted environment.
Next Level is for women who want to play bigger in creating social, economic and environmental change in their primary sector careers and communities. The programme empowers women to understand their leadership "why", set their direction and map a pathway to reach their goals. You may be a grass-roots farmer, community-minded contributor, may want to contribute to your iwi or organisation or are a employee of a company involved in primary industries and:
- already be involved in leadership but wants to be more effective within her role
- often at the forefront of local/iwi issues
- be prepared to step up and lead and contribute for the benefit of her industry, community and New Zealand
- be involved in any primary industry which may be arable, horticulture, dairy, sheep, beef, deer, Māori agri-business, animal welfare, biosecurity, apiary, wine, fishing or forestry.
2021 programme planning will begin soon - please register your interest below to be contacted when location and application information is available.
Next Level is open to all farming and industry women. Each programme is limited to 15 participants.
During the 6 month programme you will:
1. Break through internal barriers to find confidence and courage
2. Develop a leaders mindset
3. Find new ways to motivate and lead
4. Understand and develop greater influencing ability
5. Own communication skills that don't wilt under pressure
6. Connect with your tribe of like-minded, supportive women
7. Create a personalised plan of action including a governance CV
Expert facilitators work face-to-face over two 2.5-day modules covering core development areas.
Several opportunities throughout the year to meet, learn from and influence industry leaders and professionals.
Pre-module tasks support meaningful learning and stimulate thinking. Inter-module work cements learning, taking classroom theory to practical application. Self-directed online modules support your development across 7 topics.
Your execultive coach supports upir e;adership journey and aspirations throughout the 6 months, helping to identify barriers and opportunities.
What the 2019 Alumni have to say
“ I thought I was on a mission to find my "why". Actually I had that all along, it was my "how" that needed clarity. I now see myself as a leader and endeavour to always act as a leader, using a positive voice to advocate for and influence within our industry and community.”
“Next Level has refocused me - made me consider further education, broadening my networks and being part of governance roles outside of my business.”