Our Resilient Farming Business
A programme preparing you and your farming businesses to grow through change
The next drought is coming, prices will swing and regulations will tighten.
Uncertainty and risk are not new. But the pace and scale of change facing Kiwi farmers and growers is.
Navigating your farming business through this accelerating change starts at the kitchen table, with the accounts open and the confidence to make good decisions, whatever comes your way.
Building financial and personal resilience is about developing your capability to adapt and seize new opportunities when change happens.
Resilience is a skill. It can be learnt. It starts with investing time in preparation - identifying potential risks and opportunities ahead of time, training your decision-making skills, preparing an action plan and knowing where to find tools and support.
Supported by the Ministry for Primary Industries, this programme will support farming and growing New Zealanders to cultivate the financial and personal resilience needed to thrive in the face of accelerating change.
Thanks to support from the Ministry for Primary Industries 'Our Resilient Farming Business' programmes will be available in 2022. Dates to be confirmed shortly. Please register your interest for a future programme below.
Photo: Kelly Family
Outcomes for participants
Farmers and growers will leave the pilot programme with an action plan and the tools and confidence to reduce risk, build agility and cultivate resilience in their farming or growing business.This outcome is the result of developing:
- An open and positive mindset that embraces change.
- A clear picture of what a resilient farming or growing business looks like.
- Simple frameworks that build personal and financial resilience.
- A measure of the financial resiliency of your business.
- Your business resiliency action plan (reviewed with other farmers).
- An understanding of how personal resilience attributes impact decision-making.
- Access to tools and support networks that will help build resilience.
Through new skills, connections and planning, the programme will support farmers to feel more confident in their ability to deal with uncertainty and risk.